BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)
What is BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)?
Bachelor of Arts along with Bachelor of Legislative Law is the full version of B.A LLB. This curriculum is a five-year professional integrated law programme for students who wish to work as an advocate, lawyer, or legal practitioner or simply want to work in the field of law or the court.
The Bar Council of India, which oversees law degrees in India, has recognised this course as a full-time programme because the majority of the curriculum incorporates practical instruction and theory lectures.
The BA LLB combines law and legislation with interdisciplinary research of Arts stream disciplines such as sociology, history, and others. Civil law, labour law, corporate law, international law, patent law, and administrative law are only a few of the BA LLB courses. Furthermore, because it is a unique multidisciplinary degree, institutions have structured it to include a balanced mix of classroom instruction, mock court exercises, case studies, research work, and law internships, among other things.
The BA LLB programme is a popular choice among students interested in law in India and worldwide. BA LLB students will have a strong foundation in fundamental topics such as Constitutional Law, Business Law, Election Law, Code of Civil Procedure, Drafting & Pleading, Political Science, and Economics.
Eligibility for BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)
Most institutions have similar qualifying requirements for enrolling in a BA LLB programme.
- A graduate degree in any field from a recognised university or college with a minimum grade point average of 50% or an equal CGPA score
- Students from SC / ST / PWD domains are given a 5% discount.
- Students studying in their last year of study can also apply for the course, although their acceptance will be contingent on their final grades.
- Entrance Exams for BA LLB
- There is a list of Entrance Exams held for students who want to enrol in BA LLB degrees at various institutions and universities.
Benefits of BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)
- BA LLB is an integrated LLB degree that gives a complete understanding of the Indian legal system.
- The pupils learn not only on academic understanding but also on the dynamics of the actual application of the law in real-world circumstances.
- BA LLB enables students to improve problem-solving, sophisticated reasoning, high thinking aptitude, reasoning, and critical judgement abilities, among other things.
- Students will be able to create legal papers with precision after finishing the course. They will have a professional understanding of Indian laws and how they are used in many sectors of society.
- Students can also pass the AIBE Exam 2021 and get enrolled with the Indian Bar Council.
- Apart from becoming a lawyer, law graduates have a variety of options. Other professions include paralegal, legal administrative, legal counsellor, and legal associate, among others.
Future Scopes of BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)
- LLM (Master of Laws): An LLM is a postgraduate legal degree. After earning an LLB, many people seek an LLM to become experts in one of the many specialities available in LLM programmes, such as Corporate Law, Business Law, International Law, and Criminal Law.
- PhD: A student who has completed an LLM with a grade of 55 per cent or above from a recognised university is eligible for a PhD programme.
- MBA: An MBA is a two-year professional degree programme that prepares students for a variety of careers.
Career and Job Opportunities after BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws)
In the law sector, there are a plethora of job opportunities. Aspirants to the legal profession might work as advocates, lawyers, legal assistants, legal associates, or even judges. Civilians and government officials hold law graduates in high regard.
Candidates might also work as a Government Lawyer, Notary, Law Officer, Magistrate, Legal Expert, Advisor, Paralegal, Legal Associate, Junior Lawyer, Litigator, Legal Counsel, Corporate Lawyer, Private Practice, or Lecturer.
A new BA LLB graduate's average pay ranges from INR 3 lakhs to INR 6 lakhs per annum, depending on placement, internships, and the candidate's performance.