Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)
About D.Pharma course
The Diploma in Pharmacy (DIPA) is a short course for people who want to start a career in pharmacy. DIPA is the best option for candidates who want to get started quickly in the pharmacy field, as opposed to regular and long-term courses like B.Pharma and M.Pharma. D.Pharma can be important for a good start because it will help you understand the basics of pharmacy while you practice. You can choose to pursue B.Pharm and M.Pharm degrees in the future.
At its Gurgaon campus, known as the best D Pharma college in Haryana, K.R. Mangalam University's School of Medical and Allied Sciences (SMAS) offers a Diploma in Pharmacy. It is a full-time course that lasts two years and teaches the fundamentals of pharmacy education, such as how chemistry is used in the pharmaceutical industry and how biochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology are used in practice and theory.
Highlights of the Program:
The Best D.Pharmacy College in Gurgaon only educates and trains highly experienced academics and industry professionals.
1) To prepare its students for the future, K.R. Mangalam University ensures that they have access to cutting-edge laboratories and equipment.
2) Industry leaders recommend the Diploma in Pharmacy Course Curriculum at K.R. Mangalam University for future pharmaceutical pioneers.
3) Students enrolled in the D.Pharma program at SMAS have access to a variety of on-campus opportunities to attend talks given by expert guest lecturers from globally renowned educational institutions and industries.
4) K.R. Mangalam University Diploma in Pharmacy students have access to numerous internship and employment opportunities in well-known hospitals, drug marketing and distribution, and online pharmacies (Netmeds, Apollo Pharmacy, etc.).
5) Students enrolled in this course will receive regular practical training in Delhi NCR's reputable hospitals, pharmaceutical laboratories, and companies.
6) Students at K.R. Mangalam University are encouraged to continue their education and enroll in specialist courses. During the course of their education, KRMU's meritorious students are eligible for scholarships.
7) Students' professional and personal well-being is regularly monitored to ensure a holistic growth environment.
8) Co-curricular and extracurricular activities are used to develop soft skills. The curriculum is designed with a focus on multidisciplinary studies.
1) Criteria for D.Pharm Course Eligibility:
For admission to the Diploma in Pharmacy [D.Pharm.] program, a science stream 10+2 degree from a recognized educational board is the minimum requirement. any college course. At the 10+2 level, a passing score of at least 35% is required as well. The university or college determines its own cutoff percentage. Candidates have to complete all the eligibility criteria specified by the authorities for admission in the course.
Course Full Form
Diploma In Pharmacy
Course Duration of Diploma in Pharmacy [D.Pharm.] is 2 Years.
Minimum age limit is 17 years
10+2 (From any recognized Board)
Minimum Aggregate Score Requirement
Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam
10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology
Average Course Fees Incurred
INR 45,000 - 1 lakh per annum
Advanced Options of Study
B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Pharm.D
Average Salary Offered
INR 3.0 lakhs per annum
Hospital Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Production Chemist, Production Technician, Medical Representative, Pharmaceutical Wholesaler.
1. Govt. Hospitals: AIIMS, PGI, ESIC, Etc.
2. Private Hospitals: Max, Fortis, Apollo, Etc.
3. Pharmaceutical Industries: Alkem, Cipla, Abbott, Dr.Reddy’s, Mankind, Unichem, Etc.
4. Private Clinics & Nursing Homes
5. Wholesale Drug Distribution
D. Pharm. Entrance Exam:
Intake into the D. Pharm. is accomplished through state-level diploma entrance tests or entrance exams administered by universities that offer this course. In order to be admitted to the program, students in Delhi-NCR must pass the following entrance examinations:
1. State Entrance Examination for Uttar Pradesh (UPSEE)
2. Delhi Normal Entry Test (Delhi CET)
Hopeful up-and-comers probably breezed through class twelfth tests with science to take confirmation in this course. D. Pharm. admissions can also be obtained directly from a number of institutes. courses, for example, without the use of entrance or state-level tests.
D.Pharm. course Admission Process
D Pharma Admission is typically determined by an applicant's entrance exam score. The GPAT, AU AIMEE, and other major entrance exams are all used for this purpose. Merit-based admission is also available at some colleges. The admission procedure's various steps are listed below.
1) Submit the application to the colleges or universities you want to attend on a merit-based basis.
2) Get a good grade on the tests for Class 12
3) Colleges publish their merit lists in due course. Determine whether you are qualified to enroll in the desired course.
4) Visit the college and submit all required documents if you are eligible.
Admission based on an entrance exam The following is a guide for applying for admission based on an entrance exam.
1) Registering: Candidates must register online by visiting the conducting body's official website.
2) Completing the Application Form: Carefully complete the application form with all necessary information.
3) Submit documents: Scan and upload all necessary documents, such as test sheets. The institute's application portal specifies a specific format for uploading documents.
4) Fee for application: Completely pay the application fee • Download the admit card: After all applicants have been assessed for eligibility, admit cards are distributed. In order to use the admit card on exam day, it must be downloaded and printed.
5) Evaluation: Follow the exam syllabus and previous exam questions to prepare. Attend the examination on the specified date.
6) Outcomes: After a few weeks have passed since the exam, the results are made public. A candidate can advance to the subsequent round if they pass the entrance examinations.
7) Admission and counseling: Students who have passed the entrance exams receive counseling. The student is now eligible to apply for the D Pharma program.
Placements for D.Pharm
It can be hard to find a job after college if you try to do everything on your own. However, the right mentors can significantly ease your journey. Students who require assistance in making decisions regarding their careers can take advantage of the career counseling services provided by experts at K.R. Mangalam University. Additionally, it provides students with exposure to numerous industry job opportunities. There are a lot of options for students to choose from, and starting out in their careers, they can easily land a high-paying job. The following companies are participating in the KRMU placement drive:
3. Gland Pharma
5. Cadila Healthcare
6. Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals
7. Torrent Pharmaceuticals
Career option for D.Pharm
After completing this course, you can pursue a rewarding career in a variety of fields. Some of these routes are well-known, whereas others are less well-known. Following completion of this degree, you may choose to work in one of the following fields:
2. Scientific Officer
3. Drug Inspector
4. Medical Transcriptionist
5. Open a Pharmacy Retail Shop