Diploma in Agriculture
Introduction of Diploma in Agriculture
A Diploma in Agriculture is a Diploma programme that may be taken by a student who is interested in agricultural research and development. The course lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. A Diploma in Agriculture is an agricultural studies programme available at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates get both academic and practical information about many agricultural topics. Genetics, soil science, seed production, horticulture, and dairy farming are covered in the Diploma in Agriculture programme.
This course covers the fundamentals of farming methodology. Horticulture, Seed technology, organic farming, animal husbandry, poultry farming, Food processing, and other specialities are available in the Diploma in Agriculture programme. The Diploma in Agriculture is one such programme that introduces applicants to agricultural research and development. This Diploma course is designed for students interested in agricultural studies who want to learn about many elements of farming, fertilizer, harvesting, food production, pesticide composition, etc.
This course provides in-depth knowledge on various issues, including farmer challenges, remedies, and agricultural sector reform plans, among others. This training has a strong demand for career opportunities. Diploma in Agriculture graduates can work in both the public and private sectors in the country. Agriculture is considered one of the most stable industries in which to work.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Agriculture
Students interested in pursuing a Diploma in Agriculture must meet the following requirements.
- The candidate must have received a minimum of 50 per cent in aggregate in Class 10.
- Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC differently-abled and other categories will receive a 5% mark relaxation.
However, with some minor differences in the eligibility criteria for admission via entrance examination:
- Candidates who received a 35 per cent or above on their class 10 board test can take the admission exam.
- To be eligible for admission to the Diploma in Agriculture Course, applicants must have completed 15 years of schooling.
Benefits of Diploma in Agriculture
- The country seeks experts with extensive agricultural experts who can contribute to the improvement of the country's farmers.
- Candidates who complete the course will have the chance to work in horticulture, pisciculture, agronomy, agricultural economics, and other areas of agriculture.
- Candidates who pursue a UG diploma have the opportunity to begin studying a specific subject immediately after finishing Class 10. It enables the students to get a head start on their profession and gain vital experience before returning to complete their education.
- The course comes with a generous stipend. Aspirants have the option of working with prestigious companies.
- Students can also seek higher education as an alternative.
- The course prepares students to work on a variety of agricultural and allied research projects.
Future Scopes of Diploma in Agriculture
Following are the most common educational options after completing a Diploma in Agriculture.
- BSc: If you want to continue in the same subject of study, a BSc in Agriculture is the best option.
- PGD: A substantial proportion of diploma holders elect to pursue a PGDM degree.
- Diploma recipients also have the option of preparing for competitive tests.
Career, Salary Package and Job Opportunities after Diploma in Agriculture
Those who have finished a Diploma in Agriculture degree can pursue various jobs in both the commercial and governmental sectors. There are several career prospects in this sector for pupils. Agriculture diploma holders are employed in various industries, government agricultural companies, including food production companies, banks, plantations, and government fertilizer manufacturing companies, among others. Students will work as an Agricultural Ecologist, Agricultural Engineer, Agricultural Inspector, Business Manager, Research Associate, and Lecturer in the commercial and governmental sectors after finishing this programme.
This course's new diploma holders may anticipate an initial income of INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000 per year. The salary scale is determined by your level of experience in the field. With more experience in the sector, the compensation given improves.